2019 Scholarship Awards Program
The Syracuse Builders Exchange will be awarding scholarships in June 2019.
• Applications will be mailed to all member employers in early March.
• Application forms are also available at www.syrabex.com in electronic version or printable form.
THE PROGRAM •
The SBE Scholarship Fund is available to assist employees and employee children of SBE member Companies who plan to pursue continuing education in college at the undergraduate level.
Scholarship recipients will receive funding for full-time studies at a College or University in the United States. It is preferred that applicants reside in Onondaga County or contiguous counties and express a willingness to work in Central New York upon graduation.
Applicants to the SBE Scholarship Fund program must be:
• Full-Time employees of an SBE Member firm OR
• Children of an employee of an SBE Member firm
• Applicants must also be High School seniors or graduates who plan to enroll, or students who are already are already enrolled, in a full-time course of study at a College or University in the United States.
• Eligible students in all career studies are encouraged to apply.
Scholarships are awarded in an amount up to $2,000. Scholarship recipients will be notified by early June.
Interested Applicants are responsible for:
• Completion of application
• 300 word essay outlining applicant’s achievements and describing goals and objectives
• Applicant's academic institution must submit a current official transcript the Builders Exchange office
• Providing references with phone numbers
Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information and are evaluated on the information provided; therefore, questions must be answered as completely as possible. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. All information received will be confidential.
RECIPIENT SELECTION •
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, potential to succeed, leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, and a statement of educational and career goals.The Committee urges applicants to provide a resume including a list of involvement in community organizations and sports activities, etc.
Final selection of recipients is made by the Scholarship Committee. All applicants agree to accept
the decision of the Scholarship Committee as final.
All applicants will be notified of the Scholarship Committee’s decision by early June. Not all
applicants to the program will be selected as recipients.
SCHOLARSHIP PAYMENT •
Checks are mailed directly to the scholarship recipient’s school and are made payable to the
individual and the school they will be attending.
Students are required to provide the Scholarship Committee with complete transcripts and required documents and notify the Scholarship Committee of any changes of address, school enrollment or other relevant information.
Click Here for Printable Information and Application